Running a comp on a 52" 1080p tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Ok, two issues.

The first issue is that when I select 1029x1080 res, some of the stuff on the screen is cut off like it doesn't want to fit. When I chose the next step down, there are black bars on the sides and bottom. To connect, I am using a dvi-to-hdmi adapter.

The second issue is the sound. I'm using a rca adapter thing where you have the end you plug into the sound jack in the computer and then the other end branches off into a white and red cord. Well, I don't know how to make the tv accept sound from the rca cables and then video from the hdmi cable. It seems to just want one or the other. Also, the c216 did come with one of those two pin connectors for connecting audio to it, but that seems to be worthless cause that little cord is way too short to reach anywhere. The only way I could ever see it working is if there was a sound card sitting right next to the graphics card, which there isn't because I have no sound card in this specific computer.

Yeah, that is what I meant. It does this with 1920x1080. I'm just so used to saying 1920x1200.

If you have an Nvidia card....go into Nvidia control panel and i believe the settings you need are there.

I think this has something to do with using the HDMI input. I use an 8500 in my media pc and i get the black bars on all 4 sides when running at 1080p also. This doesnt happen when i use a normal analog cable. If you get it figured out, let me know as i've been too lazy to care.

If you have an Nvidia card....go into Nvidia control panel and i believe the settings you need are there.

That's how i solved it for my HTPC on my 42" HD plasma, there was an option for manually adjusting the size of the picture for use specifically on a HD tv rather than monitor. Check your nvidia control panel options.

As for the sound, I have the same problem. Some tv's will let you use another sound input while using HDMI for video, mine however will not so I need to get a graphics card with true HDMI.

There is a function that says resize hdtv desktop in the nvidia control pannel. That fixes that, but I still don't know about the sound.

You should be able to configure the sound output in the control program that you sound card has. If you have integrated then you most likely have a realtek chip. There should be an icon in the taskbar that looks like an orange speaker. Open that and check there.

Yeah, I've got realtek. The problem though is I don't know how to make my tv accept a different sound input as video input. It groups stuff together like AV1 (RWY), AV2 (RWY), Component1 (all those colors), component2, HDMI1-4, and this RGB-PC thing. Since HDMI is made to carry sound, the tv assumes it is going to. I don't see anywhere where I can chose a different sound input. It's an LG btw. It is one with 120 Hz, and I don't know the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom