Anyone have a Antec tri-cool 120mm fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Just wondering if it seems quiet to you and if it makes a chugging noise? I read a review where it said it made a chugging noise. Just wanted to know since I want to get a really quiet fan that pushes decent air and it seems to for about $12 less than comparable fans like a Noctua.

Antec Tricool 3-Speed 120mm Case Fan
SPCR's Fan Round-Up #2: 120mm Fans | silentpcreview.com

I know its only $12 but I'm weird like that :)

Plan on hooking the fan up to a filter and putting it in my cd bays which sits about a foot and a half away from me at ear level so I need to make sure to get a quiet fan but still need good cfm to get through the filter.
120mm Case Fan Filter

I have 2 92s on my gpu, and my Antec 900 has 3 of them.

On low, they're pretty quiet. on 3, 3 make a nice wwwwwwwwwoooooooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So no chugging sound? Cool I'll think I'll grab one. Hopefully I can get my cpu running 3.3 or 3.4 daily (its been up there but to much heat for my liking).

I had the ones that came in my antec 900 and didnt have any issues with them. Personally i suggest picking up some yate loons from petras. 5 bucks a fan and they are good fans.

Alright I'll check them out. I was mostly looking at the tri-cool because the site that sales the filters I wanted to get had them for cheap.

good luck, the e2180's dont like to go above 3.2GHZ

and no, no chugging sound :)

I use to run to 3.3ghz everyday but in the summer it got to hot so I backed it down. I remember hitting a wall at ~3.4ghz. I could maybe go higher but the voltage and temps got way to high for my cheapo cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom