Ordering tmrw

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxfirexx

Baseband Member
Ok my build consists of the following which I will buy from ncix.com cause I live in Toronto. The build comes our to $1000 after price matching.

Cpu: i7 920
MB: Gigabyte x58 UD3R
Ram: OCZ XTC Gold OCZ3G1333LV3GK 3GB 3X1GB DDR3-1333
HD: Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB
Video Card: HD 4850 or GTX260/4870 if I can get it on sale for ~$180
Case: Antec 300
PSU: A quality PSU i can pick up on sale

Now my biggest concern is the PSU....would a 500w from a good company like seasonic be able to run this rig without problem? Keep in mind I will not be overclocking and assume my video card will be a gtx260/4870. Also how is the ram? Is lower timings better?

Yes a 500 watt will run that system but make sure its a top brand like Corsair!!
For the memory lower timings are always better!!

also i have a IDE dvd drive...can I use it to install windows or do I need to get a SATA drive?

this is the lowest I would go with.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
40A I believe the gtx260 recommends 36A.

If you had the cash I would go with a 750tx.

Your board will have ide support. I believe that board has one ide connector on it so you could run 2 ide devices.

Ok thnx. Ill have to see what options I have on the suprise sale

Yeah, you never know with the surprise sale...I've seen some excellent deals on the corsairs....this past week was the lowest i'd seen the 260 216s at 198 i think it was after MIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom