Vista blue screen...fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean bare bones? Its as bare as it'll get right now. like you suggested, all I have connected are the essentials.

I highly doubt its the hard drive. As I might have said, this problem started when I tried to install vista on my new SSD. The problem has occured on both drives, the old one and my new ssd.

Shot in the dark: Could this all be because of messed up bios settings?

Have you not applied the update yet? Cause if not then there is nothing more we can say until you apply the BIOS update that you got. Since it is the latest version and according to one of your earlier posts should have the update to fix this.

So if you havent applied that yet you must. Cause until you do there is nothing more we can say aside from apply that update. It must be done. The BIOS you have now is conflicting with Vista and you need to update it. There is no way around doing that.

I applied it and reverted back to an old version since the problem was present in the 1.9 version of my bios.

I'm really needing to get back to my schooling so this is taking a back seat for me. Its still something I'm very worried about, so thanks, mak, for all your time.

The current situation is this:
The bios is V1.0 (the original bios of the board). I have XP installed on my old HD. I have not verified if the bsod has carried over/if it was fixed. My NIC will not take the drivers. I have not had the time to get memtest onto a dvd.

I'm attempting to install vista at the moment *again*

The plan is, if vista gets installed, to usb the 1.9 bios version from my lappy and over to the PC and then apply it. If the 0x124 is still present after the bios update and after configuring my bios settings, then I have to assume its the Mboard and lay this to rest. yes? no?

EDIT: I updated the BIOS, and yeah the error still occurs. I should note that after the first install it took a good 2 hours before the 0x124 error popped up. I wasn't doing anything significant either. After that the error occurs more rapidly, and now it crashes within 2 minutes of launching the OS and sometimes crashes at the OS loading bar.
I found out why my NIC wasn't working, but its not related to this issue. Also Windows Updates was unable to work. I had to use CMD to manually turn it off then on again (that solved that issue). Initially i thought the problem was fixed. I installed STEAM, but was a taken aback when only 3 of my 30+ games were showing.
Other such odd behavior has occured. Ram frequency was randomly changed once. Hard Drive bios settings was completely off during one trip to the bios. CPU frequency, aswell, was altered.
There is no way for my to run memtest....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom