System Recovery Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxmancer

Solid State Member
Hi, I made a post about a week ago about my Gateway 6800-01e (Vista 64 Bit). I contacted Gateway support they said I probably had a corrupt windows file blah blah blah and sent me recovery disks. Alright so I am a total noob at computers basically and they didn't send any type of instructions for doing the system recovery. So I have a couple questions.

Do I need any other disks besides these two recovery disks for the restore?

How do I go about using the recovery disks?

Also when I received the recovery disks in the mail I looked at the disks and they say ACER at the top and "For use only with an ACER PC" but Gateway Support assured me they are the right disks.

Thanks in advance.

Also when I received the recovery disks in the mail I looked at the disks and they say ACER at the top and "For use only with an ACER PC" but Gateway Support assured me they are the right disks.

Thanks in advance.

Acer bought out Gateway ;).

And make sure you backup all your data, otherwise you're going to lose it all when you use those recovery disks.

Thats the thing I don't understand how to use the recovery disks. Seems like I keep reading that I have to have the system disk or OS disk to use them.

The Recovery Disks they sent you should be exactly what you need. Just insert the Disks, set the system to boot from the Optical Drive and let it run.

You should get the prompts on screen on what you should do.

The Recovery Disks should be labeled as to what they are. One should read Operating System. Which would be the OS Disk to use.

The Recovery Disks they sent you should be exactly what you need. Just insert the Disks, set the system to boot from the Optical Drive and let it run.

You should get the prompts on screen on what you should do.

The Recovery Disks should be labeled as to what they are. One should read Operating System. Which would be the OS Disk to use.

So what I have are two discs that say Recovery Disk on them 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Ive put the first disk in and went to bios and had the computer boot from CD/DVD. It said something along the lines of reboot and pick another source to boot from.

All you have to do is incert disc 1...then shut down system...then turn system on...it should read the disc and ask you if you want to restore your computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom