Need a 8800GTX cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
My Dad's 8800GTX is getting pretty hot with the stock cooler. He's hitting 90*C+ on load. He wanted me to pick out a cooler for him, but I'm a bit out of the loop on VGA coolers.

So, what's a good, cheap cooler for the 8800GTX? We looked at the Zalman VF1000, but I guess you need to buy the RAM sink kit they sell too which adds up to like $70, that's too much.

Also, I don't want one of those massive ones that take up like 4 expansion bays, lol.

Thanks.

thats actually pretty normal for that card. Download evga precision tuner or rivatuner and turn the fan up some.

I assume you've already blew it out with canned air or something? That' helps a lot.

lol that thing is massive though. 8 1/2" wide? Good god.

I showed him the TRAD, and it's a maybe.

For now we're going to take the cooler all apart and clean it very thoroughly and replace the thermal grease and see what that gets us.

I'm running that on my card. It's not really that big. The 8800GTX is bigger than my card, so I know it will work fine on it. It would also blow on the GDDR of the card if you mount it hanging down.

Unfortunately not and my case is a real pain to drag out of this desk. I don't have any PCI cards in my case, so room is not a problem for me.

This page has some shots of it mounted. [H] Enthusiast - Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev.2

Correction on what I said above... I don't have the turbo fan on mine; I have a 120mm fan zip-tied to it. Cheaper and cools better. My case doesn't have a side window, so it doesn't matter if it looks ghetto. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom