please suggest 700-800$ build. Non gaming, no overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, build it.

IggyG, where did you get that name from? I had a friend that went to Saint Ignatious for Highschool that called himself iggykid in online stuff. You don't go there, do you?

I actually saw an i7 build for 800 bucks someone came up with on here.

He could go with like this,
Newegg.com - MSI X58 Pro LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

3 gigs of ram, a cheap video card, 500 gig cheap harddrive, 450 watt psu.

That'd be if he wanted to use all the 800. I do think it could be done.

Now that I think about it I think that build didn't include an operating system. Idk, maybe something to ponder... lol

Read the thread title/ orginal post. He is not trying to overclock...MSI make quality products anyways..

IggyG said:
If he gets the Radeon Hd 4350 with other parts that hikaricloud suggested would the 400w power supply be sufficient?
The 4350 only requires a 300W PSU, so it will work. Otherwise I would not have suggested it. ;)

IggyG: I'm not able to return your emails since you have it turned off, and I can't send you a PM since you don't have enough posts yet. But here's the answers to your questions:

The "main connector" you speak of, I believe you mean the CPU power connector...I actually see more 4 pin connectors than 8 pin. But to answer your question, that PSU will have all the connectors you need. It's not a bad upgrade, going to the 450 from the 400.

And @ Thresh: You can't build a GOOD i7 build for 800 bucks Better to save money and get something that will suit his needs just fine, which this will. No way he will need i7 power, and when you build one of those, you should really put your money into it to make it really shine.

IggyG: Glad I could help.

Thank you for all the help guys I can always relay on TF comunity to give qucik and accurate answers. More then once you have come through for me.

Druid: My name is Ignat. When I came to the US it was hard for people to pronounce my name is people always shorted it Iggy or Ig so naturally it stuck to me. G is first letter of my last name.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AACS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (bare drive) - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

$578.92, less 30 bucks after MIRs. This will give him an awesome CPU (I have it, it rocks.), a great motherboard with adequate onbaord video for everyday stuff, as well as light gaming if he ever chose to, and it would give him upgradeability for the future.

4gb of really good RAM, only 5 bucks more than average RAM. A 640gb "Green" drive, it cuts back on electricity usage. The 400w will more than serve his needs for now, a great brand and it has a promo code discount to enter when you purchase. DVD burner, and a decent looking case. The case is something you can change up. Yes it comes with a 500w PSU, but it sucks. He can use it as a backup, or you can use it in something, either way, but it has free shipping on it.

And of course, Vista HP64 SP1.

That's a great build. Only part I would change is the case and that's personal preference (I wouldn't pay $90 for something that looks like that and came with a PSU that I would throw away as soon as I got it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom