Vista blue screen...fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a waste of a Disk. As Memtest is very useful. I burned it a while back and have sinse used it several times.

I know it is a Stop 124 error. If you check the link i gave, that is exactly the Stop Error code that i said it was.

Ohh right. I thought you just listed it cause it wasn't on your first list. How'd you know that I was having a 0x124 problem?

I've heard that its sometimes caused by a PCI-e conflict (generally a network card). So I'm going to remove mine and see what happens.

Also, during pre-OS options (like windows recovery screen in which you select safe-boot/normal boot) I can't use my keyboard. Every screen (except bios) that's sent by the mobo doesn't respond to my keyboard.

EDIT Ohhh I see now. good attention to detail, mak.

EDIT2: What causes all this? All I wanted to do was install vista onto another drive.

The BBCode is what i used to determine what the Stop Error Code was.

It can be caused by many things. A PCIe is just one of the many different errors it could be. If your keyboard isnt recognized after the BIOS and then again until your Windows install then you might have to check your BIOS to make sure you have USB on.

What causes it? We dont know. We cant answer something that is specific to a system that we do not use daily or know what happens with daily. We can speculate all we want. But we will never know for sure.

Oh I'll do the memtest if I ever get to boot up again.

I formatted my drive, but vista won't install because it says "my computer's hardware my not support booting from disk. Ensure that booting from disk is enabled in bios".

Other times when i try and boot, but it doesn't even boot to the disk, but a floating box appears saying "video mode not supported".

When I try and boot from the XP disk (remember my drive is completely empty) it gives me a 0x7b error.

*leaves and runs over to his problem-PC to check bios cuz he just had an idea*

Yeah just as I thought. My drive was not even being seen by bios. I believe it was AHCI. I set it to IDE and now my disk drive and the HD are being seen.

I'm going to try and install xp again and see if that clears the 0x7b error.

Sorry about the flow of illogic. I'm pretty much at my wits end since if I can't get this fixed it means a good month using my bro's lappy.

*turns around to see if the 0x7b error occured during read of xp disk*

Hurray! no error. Wow...this is problem is probably the winner in longevity.
NOTE: Its still going...I mean after xp installs I still have to make sure that cleared the 0x124 (which apparently manifests differently for xp) and then run a memtest. On the memtest, does it really take 6 hours?

Yes it does manifect differently in XP than Vista. This error code 124 is actually Vista Specific. For XP it would be a 9C Error as stated at the bottom of the 124 Error Code page i linked to.

Note This bug check is not supported in Windows versions prior to Windows Vista. Instead, machine check exceptions are reported through bug check 0x9C.

So if you were getting a 9C error in XP then it would be something similar.

MemTest should run for roughly 4 hours.

Ok.

The error message (0x124) now occurs when ever I try and install vista. It pops up around 50%. I've tried this twice.
XP installed, oddly enough, but again I cannot get my PCI network card to accept the drivers (something I'm convinced is connected with this entire out lying problem).

This has to be mobo related...Yes? I really need to spend the money a get a good, highly rated Mboard.

Have you tried to install without the NIC in the system?

Have you tried a bare bones install?

HDD, PSU, GFX Card and RAM

This way you can add your components one by one and see which one gives this issue. If you still get the 124 BSOD even with those then it could be the hard drive controller or just a bad board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom