Build budget suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

heister

In Runtime
i need a budget suggestion for an I7 build

I need everything aside from the monitors

The budget needs to be able to cover a mobo, processor, HD setup, OS, at least 3 gpus with possible expansion for one aditional gpu, ram, cooling, case and a disk drive

the rig wont be used for gaming so the gpus dont need to be top of the line just need dual link dvi support

thanks

o and i am not looking for a build or anything just a ball park estimate

For a 920 w/ mobo, ram, 3 low end gpus, a 1tb hdd, 6gb ram, a dvd drive, a good psu, OS, and a case a good ballpark figure that I added up will be around $1500.

What would you be using this setup for?

my stock ploting and charting programs. as far as a HD goes a TB is just excessive LOL

Well you weren't too clear on your purposes. Just drop that down to a 640gb and you will save $30 bucks.

You should do some research into how all of your monitors are going to be run. I know there can sometimes be some complications. How many do you have?

i have 6 at the moment, i know that i can run at least 6 if not 8 as long as the mobo has the the capacity to hold 4 gpus as far as vista is concerned i have software allow it to use that number of monitors in a format that i want

Wow what on earth do you do with 6 monitors, let alone 8?! Haha. Do you put up all sorts of stock tickers and charts on each one of them? Anyways, you might want to grab an evga x58 classified. I would normally never recommend this board to anyone one the forums but it has the room you are looking for. It will ad about $150 to your build but you sound like you can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom