Cheapest Phenom X3 build? and monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway to reduce that Mobo cost? everything else is great. thanks
Because you're getting sucha discount with the cpu/mobo combo any cheaper motherboard is just going to be poor quality in comparison and only save you like $10. It's not realistic, better just stick with what you've got.

If you want to save much more money than that, you're going to have to just throw out getting the x3 at all and stick with an x2 7750. Because there's no way you're getting a reliable x3 machine for less than 483 bucks, since that's pretty much the cost of this without the OS.

alright thanks I may use that build.
Now, I just have a 1 question, what makes a mobo good or bad? other than slots ofc.

alright thanks I may use that build.
Now, I just have a 1 question, what makes a mobo good or bad? other than slots ofc.
depends what you're looking for.

Generally, you want good power regulation for higher end CPU's, good BIOS's for overclocking, good drivers, non-crappy components (such as capacitors)

Motherboard and CPU - $200.98
X3 720 + Foxconn A79A-S

Video card and HDD - $214.98
4870 1GB + 640GB Seagate

RAM - $34.99
Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800

PSU - $59.99
PC Power & Cooling 420W

DVD burner - $23
LG Black 22X DVD burner

Case - $27
Rosewill R226-P-BK

$560.94

First, why suggest the more expensive board with the same CPU when the Biostar is more than enough of a board?

Second, that build is great, if he didn't need an OS, like Chase said...that was the problem with the budget in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom