RAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpy

In Runtime
my laptop ram specs, im not really sure what to ask here:S but is this like.. bad? its been randomly shutting off with a flash of the blue screen. and the ram in my desktop matches so im just confused if ddr 2 matches or what:S

Sorry for confusion :happy: just look and let me know lol
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 31488286.jpg

Laptop RAM and desktop RAM are different form factors. Laptop RAM is shorter than desktop RAM.

i know there different i installed it lol but look this is what im asking about

stick 1 - DDR2 (PC2- 5300) 333 MHz (DDR2 667)
stick 2 - DDR2 (PC2- 6400) 400 MHz (DDR2 800)

i was wondering if thats whats causing it?
and i ran the vista mem diog. and it got stuck and hung at 99% for almost 45 mins to an hour.

No, i cant see what the screen says either it flashes and shuts down too fast

what laptop do you have?

Have you pulled out the new stick of ram to see if that eliminates the problem?

The 2 sticks of ram run at different speeds. Together they will only run as fast as the slowest one, stick 1.
The question is either of the sticks incompatible with your laptop.

acer 5315, it was only 400$ CAD and was good lol, i put the 2 gig stick in it and it came with a 1 gig. and its ran fine for a while its just started doing this recently. I took the gig stick out of it about 2 montsh ago and gave it to my gf to useand it ran just fine on the 2 gig and now there both back in.. i just dont know what oens bad. It came with 1 gig and that runs fine to.. but when there both in it likes to do that lol. any suggestions?

That could be the problem there. The timings are off for the RAM and may not have any similar timings to go to, which causes incompatibilities.

Had the same thing happen with 2 diff kinds of sets of RAM for me a while back as well, except it was with voltages instead of timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom