Vista blue screen...fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb1swat

Daemon Poster
Ever since I started the endeavor of adding a new SSD to my system things have gone down hill. Its been consuming my time since 8PM last night.

ATM I've completely ditched the SSD, as I've been able to utilize it correctly, but somewhere along the install my PC's been cursed. First of all I'm having to update all my network drivers for them to even work (never happened before) while this is easily done its unnerving since I'm afraid this means something has happened to my system.

And obviously something has. Every so often everything stops and it goes to a blue screen. The first blue screen passes very quick, but I believe it says something about "hardware vender". It then goes to a second blue screen with a 20 second count-down after which the system reboots with this windows alert.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8005DD4030
BCP3: 00000000B2000040
BCP4: 0000000000000800
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini032909-01.dmp
C:\Users\swat\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-56156-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\swat\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5E6.tmp.version.txt

I've reinstalled my OS countless times just today. I've reset the cmos. I've updated my bios....I'm still getting a crash every now and then.

I'm worried my bios settings are screwed up, but I have no real reason to believe why. I tried removing a stick of ram, but the problem has persisted.

Could this point to a broken mobo? I'm feeling really lost right now :p

I would reset your BIOS to default settings and see if it continues. If so i would try to flash it to either a previous version or reflash the current version on there.

This is a pretty serious error. If it persists even after all that i would be temped to say a mobo issue.

I'm on an asrock board and since updating/changing bios is risky I made sure I checked them, asrock, for their suggested way for changing bios version....They give me rar download with a .exe file that applies said update...I haven't updated bioses before, but that doesn't feel right.

I've set all my bios to default, but I think the problem is persisting.

I would seriously consider updating. If you got the newest BIOS and it is supposed to have the update for this, then it would be advised.

I know that i have done 8 BIOS updates on this PC with no issues ever. I got the PC with BIOS revision A01 and i am on A09 now. The Windows utility makes it so much easier.

If you flash the BIOS and errors/problems still presist, run memtest for least 6 hours.

Bad RAM can cause all sorts of problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom