Cheapest Phenom X3 build? and monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltraskoo

Baseband Member
Well, I had trouble deciding Intel or AMD, but most people on this forum tend to go the AMD. So, yea, build for High School, huge project. Determines graduation of program.
Limitations again: /
Budget 550max because I have to throw in shipping
Processor: Phenom x3 (just wondering what does level 2 cache mean)
RAM: 4G+ reg speed (Can I bring it up to 6G with the mobo you asked???)
Motherboard: bare minimum to thrive, hopefully able to go 6G if POSSIBLE
PowerSupply: bare minimum to be able to run 4830/50 and everything else, most last at least 3 years and not explode : /
HDD: 7200 RPM 320 G
GPU: This I am not sure on, I don't understand the diff between 128bit and 256 bit. However, I want it to do better than my 9500GT and run the newest CoD 4-5 months down the road with at least 80 FPS: ).
CD Drive: minimum , 16xperferred?
Case: minimum, must come with fans, no see through with those cathode neon blue lights.
OS: I hear people telling me 32bit is better for this and that and 64 bit is better, i think in this case 64 bit is better since I have quite a few G's of RAM, however, should I have at least 6G of RAM???? Cheapest one also, except for Ubuntu Linux.

Also. is there anything I should look for in a monitor other than 19"? All I really want is a cheap one that doesn't give me eye sores.

Thanks a bunch

You know, it's nearly impossible to fit all that into 550 bucks, especially with an OS and a monitor. I have a really good X3 build that I recommend, but it's just a tower, no monitor or OS for 600 bucks. If you really need to have a budget that low with those parameters, you can't get an x3 720.

EDIT: I can price out a build with a monitor, without a video card and OS for 580, and all shipping is free. Any less than that, you're looking at skimping on some parts.

It's not just that, it's the monitor AND the OS that's the problem. That $600 build I do has a 4850 in it, but no monitor or OS...

Sorry, I obviously didn't clarify. I don't need a monitor.
Still RAM 40$
HDD 60$
GPU 100$
OS 100$
CD 25$
Case 30$
PS 30$

Am I missing a point or something : /

i think $135 for that board is a very good price. considering that there are much more expensive intel boards that can go in to like $500-$600. my mobo was $180 when it was bought around x-mas time and now it is cheap. so you are getting a good deal ;)

If I start skimping on the motherboard, you're going to have a cruddy machine. Simple as that. Really, I was say that's the bare minimum before we start looking for crappy brand names and not reliable parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom