ASUS Rampage II VS. P6T

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only real difference i can see is if u ran a 3rd video card. The evga board supports a 3rd card in x8 mode, while the asus board supports a 3rd card only at 4x.

Is it worth an extra 30 bux? I think by the time i need 3 video cards, ill need a new mobo too :p

I think just for expansion capability, the P6T is a better choice then the Rampage 2 (having more room).

its soo hard to pick hahaha

He's water cooling it as well.

Gonna get a GTX260 with a full cover water block.

Yeah, this could have been assumed.

the only real difference i can see is if u ran a 3rd video card. The evga board supports a 3rd card in x8 mode, while the asus board supports a 3rd card only at 4x.

Is it worth an extra 30 bux? I think by the time i need 3 video cards, ill need a new mobo too :p

I think just for expansion capability, the P6T is a better choice then the Rampage 2 (having more room).

its soo hard to pick hahaha

What is this x8 and 4x stuff you speak of?

He's talking about how certain X58 boards have their third PCI-E slot at either x4 or x8 bandwith, opposed to the full x16 like the first two PCI-E slots.

Naturally the x8 will be better, but the question is are you ever going to add in a third graphics card? If you don't see yourself doing that, then go for the P6T.

And how much does this lower bandwidth affect the card? Are there any boards with 3 x16 slots?

u wouldnt notice it at that point.

I remember when pci-express came out. They bearley out preformed the agp 4x standard.

I think ill buy the P6T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom