9800gtx+ or..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiki

Baseband Member
i heard that the ati 512mb 4850 was a better and a cheaper card, or should i get the 1gb 4850

also.. what mobo would you reccomend out of these two

GIGABYTE ept45-ud3p

or

ASUS p5t-deluxe

The only difference is the amount of RAM; you'll need the extra RAM if you're gaming at high resolutions. Depends on the price difference though, you may just want to go for a 4870 1GB if there isn't much price difference.

I can't find a "GIGABYTE ept45-ud3p" so I can't really do a comparison - can you spellcheck it? But I have heard good things about the P6T-Deluxe.

If you could afford it the ATI 4870 or the GTX260 are great deals at the moment...they are both awsome video cards....if you go Nvidia I recommend the XFX GTX260 Black Edition....it already has a huge factory overclock on it and it also has a double lifetime warranty.....last i looked it was $199 with the rebate at newegg.

but in performance difference.. would a 1gb 4850 beat a 1gb 9800gtx+

Yes, but at lower resolutions than a 24'' monitor, you'd notice a slight FPS decrease vs the 512MB counterparts because it can't address that all that RAM...

I'd say stick w/ the 512mb versions of either, or step it up to an GTX 260 Core 216 or HD 4870, the latter being the faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom