Image Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylinegtrv98

Baseband Member
I am having an interesting problem with my most recent build. The build went on without and issue, and I was able to install Vista without problem, and I was even able to install the chipset drivers that came with the mobo... After the restart I went to increase the display resolution, and that is where the problems began. The higher I would try and set the settings the quicker the screen would flicker. Even setting back to the default lowest settings would cause the screen to flicker albeit at a slower interval. I tried to reinstall the OS, and this had no effect. I even went into the bios and tried to increase the amount of shared ram to the internal graphic card....Any help would be greatly appreciated....my build is as follows...

ECS GF8200A (V1.0) AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Item #: N82E16813135085

Newegg.com - ECS GF8200A (V1.0) AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT - Retail
Item #: N82E16820231207

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO5600DOBOX - Retail
Item #: N82E16819103234

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

hec HP585D RETAIL 585W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Cord Included - Retail
Item #: N82E16817339012

Newegg.com - hec HP585D RETAIL 585W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Cord Included - Power Supplies

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Item #: N82E16822152102

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

i had a similar problem with my old 8500GT, it would do what you are describing but in slower intervals (once every 30 mins) never really found a solution to this problem but i just switched from a VGA port to a DVI port when i got my monitor then the problem went away.

try a diff cable/monitor.

i had a similar problem with my old 8500GT, it would do what you are describing but in slower intervals (once every 30 mins) never really found a solution to this problem but i just switched from a VGA port to a DVI port when i got my monitor then the problem went away.

try a diff cable/monitor.
;

Hmm I don't think it is the cable, because the cable I used was working fine on my other computer with my monitor I was using it with....and I did try it with a different monitor, without success....This is my first build with an Invidia IGP...i usually use ATI chipset mobos...Unfortunately the board only has VGA and HDMI video output, and the computer is for my uncle and I am sure he will be using the VGA, so switching to HDMI wouldn't really solve the problem....Is it something that will probably mean that I will have to RMA the board?

i dont know, have you got all of windows updates as well as the new nvidia drivers?

GeForce Release 182

Yes I have recently installed and downloaded all windows updates as well as the new nvidia drivers from their website...

The odd thing is that starting the computer in Safe mode makes the computer display work fine without any flickering...making me think this is a sort of software error instead of hardware error...

hmm, well i would try to get the latest drivers for every thing and get the latest bios, since it is a IGP then a bios update might help it.

Yeah I had the latest bios and drivers, and windows updates...While it did appear to be a software issue...I just decided to return the board and get a new one, and hopefully it was just a bad board...It was such an odd problem, and I just think it had to be something with the board itself...I am basically in a bit of a time crunch with this build so I didn't wanna waste time...just RMA and hope the next one works better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom