Gaming Laptop For Under $1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMachine

In Runtime
I have been checking posts here and haven't found one recommended for someone else with everything I would like. Any recommendations for a 64-bit vista gaming laptop? Someone recommended alienware..?

Interesting. Is it's OS 64bit? Or does it not saying 64bit mean its standard 32? I should definetly go with 64bit.. right?

Since they gave 4GB in it and 1GB GDDR3.. they should give you 64bit, otherwise 32bit wouldn't read all that anyways.. Its probably a safe assumption its 64bit

EDIT: I'm wrong, its 32bit after checking online.. well you could use the rest of the budget for 64bit Vista, but Windows 7 is coming out next year

EDIT: I'm wrong, its 32bit after checking online.. well you could use the rest of the budget for 64bit Vista, but Windows 7 is coming out next year

I'm not sure about buying a laptop with Vista, but i know when you buy Vista OEM 32-bit you can call Microsoft, pay like 5 bucks and get sent the 64-bit dvd.

Since they gave 4GB in it and 1GB GDDR3.. they should give you 64bit, otherwise 32bit wouldn't read all that anyways.. Its probably a safe assumption its 64bit

My MSI orginally came with Vista Home Premium. It's 4Gb Ram and windows Vista 32bit.
Not sure how they are getting Vista 32 bit to list 4Gb Ram. I think some one is playing around with the registry or some thing like that.

My MSI orginally came with Vista Home Premium. It's 4Gb Ram and windows Vista 32bit.
Not sure how they are getting Vista 32 bit to list 4Gb Ram. I think some one is playing around with the registry or some thing like that.

Vista SP1.

It shows the 4GB installed. Doesnt use it cause of the 32 Bit limitations. but it at least shows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom