Anyone here with a good gaming rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Question for you guys. I know most of us here have a very good gaming PC considering that this forums mostly consist of custom build PCs and when you build one you usually want the top of the line ones :)

I guess my question is... do you guys turn off your computer everynight?

I always turn mine off everynight when I go to bed and reboot it in the morning when I wake up where its remains turned ON for the rest of the day and turn back off again when I go to bed.

Anyone else does this or do you guys just put your PC to hibernate/sleep? I guess the fan and the lights are just a bit noisy for me haha.

Does it hurt to keep rebooting the computer at all?

Attached below is a screenshot I just took of EVEREST that shows how much Ive used my PC. Notice the number of reboots.

I personally keep my computer on all the time, unless the noise really starts bothering me. I don't think either way would really cause harm to the PC as long as the hardware in it is reliable. It could also make sense to shut it off/sleep mode if you want to have a slightly lower electricity bills, but my town has it's own generators and stuff so our bills are incredibly low and that's not a problem for me.

It's mostly preference.

Ok. I was just making sure. Maybe its also the cause to my BluRay Drive not working anymore :(

LOL. But I've had my PC below for about a year and a couple of months now and its already gone through almost 600 reboots haha :)

I leave my computers on all the time. Especially now that I'm folding. But my desktop always stays on, I'm always listening to music or I'll leave a large download to go overnight, etc. I honestly think that constant turning on and shutting off isn't that great for the components, because when it gets turned on, the PSU jolts electricity into the motherboard to get it started.

If you leave it on all day, then turn it off at night, that's fine. And if you leave it on, it will need a good reboot every once in a while either way.

Turning on your computer puts the most stress on it. Computers were made to be on 24/7... I don't keep mine on all the time because I can't sleep with the sound of the fans.

I have mine on all the time, usually for downloading and folding. And the quiet droning sound of fans helps me sleep :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom