Diagnostic Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callofbooty

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
I built this computer in Dec of 2008. I have this problem I think might be linked to my SATA boot issues i've had in the past. First here are my specs
Vista 32-bit
Biostar TP45 HP Mobo
The SATA issue in the past was the computer would freeze while playing WOW, and then it wouldn't boot into windows because in my bios it didn't recognise my CD or harddrive. I think I fixed that though by making the HDD in the bios settings compatible, and IDE.
Anyways, my computer has always done this. When I turn on my computer for the firs time of the day, it goes to the picture of my MOBO which is in big lettering T-Series. And underneath it says press tab to show text screen or press Delete to enter bios. I know its supposed to move on if I dont press anything, but it will just sit there forever. And if I hit delete it wont even enter my bios screen, instead it will boot windows. If I hit tab it will also boot windows. But if I then reset my computer it will move past this screen, and it will let me into bios.
Let me also say that this is a brand new harddrive. The third one. Seems to me the previous two I had were probably completely fine. And I also have tried new SATA cables. And Finally, I just recently updated my bios and chipset drivers from the Biostar website. But the problem previousy stated still exists. Help a tech junkie brother out.
Sincerely,
CALLOFBOOTY

Have you checked to see if there are any BIOS updates for your mobo? Maybe a update is out there to correct this issue?

Sorry i missed that part in the final line. My bad. :(

So you have your HDD set to IDE mode and it still persists. The newest BIOS still has this happen.

I would consider contacting Biostar and see if they have any advice. This most certainly should not be happening. Have you checked thier site to see if others have experienced this?

Have you tried stripping the system down to the HDD, Video Card, CPU, RAM and see if it continues? Maybe it is a conflict with another piece of hardware.

Hey again Mak,
No prob brother. Good avice contacting Biostar. Thanks for that. As far as stripping down the system to those specs, I would only need to unplug my CD drive and my sound blaster audigy card. Do you still think one of these pieces of hardware could be conflicting?

It could be the Sound Card. It maybe that it is too close to the video card or something. While rare i have seen it happen before. I dont think the CD Drive would do it but it might be. Could try disconnecting that first and see if it helps anything. Could be that it is damaged and drawing too much power.

I had a issue close to that with a floppy drive of mine that was bad. It drew so much power from my PSU that it killed my PSU in like a month and my system never ran right.

It is at least a option to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom