Question about building a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loehmann

Beta member
Hiyas, I have been searching the board for specific help but I haven't seen any topics that have answered my question. I recently bought all the parts to build my own system, but I'm a neophyte when it comes to computers and putting them together.

I have followed all the directions provided online and in the manuals that came with all the parts I bought but nothing happens when I turn on the system.

Here is a list of the hardware I have.

Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Ed. Socket 939
CPU: AMD 64 FX-53
Harddrive: WD II Raptor 74gig SATA
RAM: Kingston KRX3200 AK2 512 x2
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9200

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami Dream VA3000BWA
Power Supply: Vantec Stealth 520W (28amps on 12v)

I have some other components but these are the basics that should let the system boot. But when I turn on the power the fans turn on and stuff but nothing shows up on the screen. The monitor status light shows orange with no signal.

Does anyone happen to see a problem with any of those parts right off the bat? I can't figure out what is going on. Any help would really be appreciated.

did u already try reseating ,ram and vid card... and check to make shur all the connection are in and tight?

There is really no point in having an AMD64 FX53 processor with a Radeon 9200 video card anyway. You wont be able to do much gaming, even though your processor does own. You really need to get a GeForce 6800GT. If you do that. your system will be king!

I know how frustrating it is not getting anything on the screen, because I've had that happen to me numerous... times [I can't even count]. I'm assuming it's your video card. Try a PCI video card from another comp or something see if that works. Because recently I had a video card that just wouldn't work with my mainboard [Asus]. I don't know and hope that's not the situation for you, because I ended up having to buy a new board [MSI].
See if you can get it working on some other videocard and then go into device manager and see what the problem is....
Also check to see that everything is plugged in right, especially the cpu, make sure it's not overheating or whatever... that you got a good amount of heat paste put on. Also be very careful when putting this stuff together... you never know when you've broken something.
Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom