XP Pro & F.a.s.t

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
I am planning upgrading to XP from 98 & have come across the Files & Settings Transfer wizard
I run Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Office & Norton Anti-Virus among other things, has anybody any experience of F.A.S.T & what can I expect to happen, is it a success ?

Do a fresh install.

Mainly because 9x is very different from the NT/2000/XP series, and you'll be quite disapointed.

If it works there will be tons of little things to remind you of the hell that was windows 98.

I end my post,
-Mike

philb101 said:
I am planning upgrading to XP from 98 & have come across the Files & Settings Transfer wizard
I run Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Office & Norton Anti-Virus among other things, has anybody any experience of F.A.S.T & what can I expect to happen, is it a success ?
It won't transfer your installed programs... It will transfer data files like word,excel, text, jpg files etc... It will also transfer your mail, address book, favorites, cookies, desktop wallpaper, it will allow you to pick and choose what you want to transfer....

You can transfer all your files to somewhere else, wipe your HD, install xp, re-install all your programs and then transfer your files back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom