Motherboards Support PCI-E + AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

uNsaiN

In Runtime
Hello all. I was wondering when motherboards will be made to have support with AMD and PCI-E. Right now the only motherboards I have seen with PCI-E are the LGA775. I was wondering because I plan on buying my first Gaming PC and putting it together by the end of December.

Will those be out by December? I got my first job this summer so I could buy my own PC for gaming instead of using this Family PC. I already have it figured out and will most likely have $1,500 by December. I will definately go with the nForce with SLI if I can.

Nforce4's are coming out in October, they will support PCI-E, although it may take a bit longer for motherboard manufacturers to make boards with this chipset

Hmm. I want to get an AMD because they are better for gaming and a lot cheaper. I hope the nForce's are out by the 24th of December because I get payed on that day, and that should be the last paycheck to $1,500.
For Christmas I think I will have my parents allow me to transfer my money to their credit card account or checking account so I can buy it online (Not old enough for a checking or credit card account), and having them pay for shipping as a Christmas present.

Yeah, im with you. I don't think I will ever go back to Intel, unless I start to see a drop in their CPU prices. AMD in my option beats Intel in both speed and price, and I have never had a problem with any of my AMD chips. The reason you want PCI-E is for the Graphics card right? Thats the only logical advantage I can see, right now, that makes PCI-E worth anything.

Yeah I am getting a new PC soon, so why not go with the latest hardware. For a while I was wondering if I should go with AGP or PCI-E, but I just decided to go with PCI-E because it's the newest and it has a better future.

uNsaiN said:
Hmm. I want to get an AMD because they are better for gaming and a lot cheaper. I hope the nForce's are out by the 24th of December because I get payed on that day, and that should be the last paycheck to $1,500.
For Christmas I think I will have my parents allow me to transfer my money to their credit card account or checking account so I can buy it online (Not old enough for a checking or credit card account), and having them pay for shipping as a Christmas present.
hmm, if you are working and have a direct deposit at a bank, it should be no problem to get a checking account, i have had a savings account since i was 14 and start saving, all i had to do was stick a checking account on the savings account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom