Recommendations for new psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well wait, for four monitors, all you need are two GTX 260s. Because, each one has 2 DVI ports, and a single 260 can support two monitors.

Yeah, you don't need tri-SLI for all that crap. For a PSU in the case of grabbing 2x 260's, grab either the 750w or 850w Corsair. Either will suffice just fine. If you don't mind spending the extra moolah, grab the 850.

EDIT: By the way, you would be more than fine with a tri-monitor setup, you don't really need 4...especially if they are 22" or above. I'll be doing the same thing when I get the money.

Splitting up a game between 2 screens looks really bad and its annoying. Just do 3 monitors if you insist on having multiple. I don't understand why you would be doing video editing at the same time as playing games and doing other stuff. I think you would be best off with 2 really big monitors like 26"

I believe that with the current nVidia drivers you will not be able to get those monitors working together if the cards are SLId. You would need to run them as separate cards. I don't know whether some of the newer drivers have addressed this problem, but I don't think so. On the other hand, everyone is so hot about the Corsair PSUs...and I've already had to RMA two (a TX650 and a VX750), and always I got back to my trusty old Seasonic while I am waiting for the new Corsair to arrive. I know I ain't buying Corsair PSUs ever again.... The several Seasonics I have around have given me way better reliability.

Plenty of people here, including me, use Corsair psu's and haven't had the slightest bit of trouble with them. My 550vx has been rock solid for more than a year of use and I would buy another one without hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom