"Sleeving" material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you heard of "Flashabou minnow body"? Was wondering if it could be used as cable sleeving. It looks really cool , comes in lots of colors and I was thinking of painting eyes and accenting it with black to looks like a stream of minnows cruising around my case:cool: Just an interesting idea. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• FMB.jpg
    FMB.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 62
Yea, perhaps try to find some that is UV reactive or paint it with UV reactive paint.(If that is your thing of course)
I also saw someone who used vacuum(sp) tubing. I didn't really care for it for my own system, but have to admit that it was creative.
-Pure

I think I'm gonna do it. I found it pretty cheap at this site:HUNT FOR BIG FISH E-STORE
-EDIT- I was just sitting here, dreaming:rolleyes: , picturing my case , and was just curious , does anyone know anything about anodizing? I was picturing the inside all anodized blue with the cables looking like fish swimming around. Is it prohibitively expensive to have done? Is it even possible with the type of metal the case is made of (P182)?

i would be pricey and not too easy, The case would have to be submerged in a electrically charged tank, and that would be difficult for just the inside, I can't remember who makes it but you can get some paint made to look like anodizing, It's kind of a translucent pain and looks really good, A friend used it on some motor cycle parts but I have not talked with him in a long time but I'll try to find out what paint it was.

Dauntae

Found it, Thank you google LOL also found a you tube vid about it for ya. It's called Duplicolor MetalCast Paint, Here is the vid YouTube - Duplicolor MetalCast Paint - ANODIZED COLOR

Thanks, I appreciate it! I watched the vid and now all I have to do is figure out

how to disassemble my P182. I guess I'll be cutting a hole in the side for a window ,

sleeving cables , and painting. WOW

EDIT-Your system looks a lot like what I will have in mine eventually. U likey? What size/resolution monitor do you have?

Thats a cool looking case, Gonna be fun painting that and putting in a window though. Def post pics if you do it. I have a ACER 22" goes to 1680x1050 but I keep it at 1440x900 for most and max it in all the games, I love this system, Hopefully gonna try a little OC but I really have not felt a need to yet.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom