Random restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVID_15

In Runtime
Lately im getting restarts nearly once a day. I dont know why but im thinking its the PSU what do u guys think? if u thinks its the PSU which PSU should i get? i want one with lights in it :)

hmmm.. could u look at the rails on the side of the psu and post them here? that would give us some more information...

yes or it could be a cooling issue as well... some motherboards or chips have an auto restart or shutdown feature that when it gets too hot it shuts down or restarts to try n cool down.. like micro said restarts/shutdowns have a LOT of reasonss.. n troubleshootin them is one big b!tch :) lol

it mite be the psu it only happen to me 3 times now and i had the comp for about 3 months it mite not be the psu i would check the rails but im at a friends house.

Also, check how dirty and dusty the inside of your computer is. You can use canned air to clean up your heatsink, fans, PSU and video card. Dust prevents heat from being eliminated therefore it may lead to overheating problems. Check your temperature at idle and check them again once your computer has been running heavy apps for a while to see if this could be a cooling issue.

Then it is not a cooling issue. Do as microbell said and check if it is a piece of hardware causing your restart.

It could be a PSU problem, it could be a heat issue or you could have a stick of ram that is faulty, but probably not likely.

I would pursue the PSU thought,

Good luck,

Laffctx

Could be an over heating problem... take out cpu and check if paste is burned out. And I've never seen a comp run at 19c cpu temp.... is that even possible? That's very low... my comp runs at 50c. Do you have AC inside there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom