Reputation system has been activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in favor of lowering the Spread Rep Around value from 20 to 10.

Here's why.

Now I understand the reasoning behind having a spread feature to eliminate people from running the reps up without reason. But 20 is a bit high.

There have been some many occasions when I've repped someone for something they deserved it for, then a few days / weeks later... they contributed something else worth while that should be repped. But, because I didn't rep 20 others before them again, I can't rep them when they deserve it.

Example: of people I couldn't rep again who deserved it.

Synergy
Trotter
Mak
aspire
luke
baez

and a few more.

I mean, the rep system is designed to give people props for contributing something useful. If the same people always contribute something useful, they should be repped. It system shouldn't make people have to rep something that doesn't relay deserve it so you can finally rep someone who does deserve it. OR have to wait for ever to rep someone who deserves it.

Just my 2¢ - give it some thought.

Good point, guys. I lowered the spread to 10. We will see how that works.

what about a time limit that resets the count too. So say i rep trotter and then i only rep a couple people over the next 2 weeks and then i see another good post by trotter but i cant rep him because i havent reped 10 other people yet. So maybe there could be a 2 week reset timer. That would still prevent people from stacking up rep points but allow for them to get the rep they deserve.

Just something i thought about. Thanks for changing it to 10 reps trot

There isnt a timer on the Rep System. It can only be done the way we have it right now. The system doesnt keep track of each persons time frame between reps. It only counts the amount that they rep between each.

Oh ok well nevermind then. I had a feeling it might not have a timer.

Another thing i was thinking would be nice is if other people could see what rep people got in their profile. Then new people would be able to see what area they give good advice in. I know it was said earlier that it would be good to know who is best in certain topics.

It would also be nice if we could see win repped us but there might be a reason why we cant. Im just throwing my thoughts out there

There isnt a timer on the Rep System. It can only be done the way we have it right now. The system doesnt keep track of each persons time frame between reps. It only counts the amount that they rep between each.

I was going to suggest a timer of sorts too. UNTIL I went and researched on the vbulletin site what the perimeters were for the rep/karma system. I found that what mak just said is sad but true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom