New Pc build - i7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I notice much difference in Performance if I went down to the 1333 RAM? Or is it worth it to upgrade that mobo to handle higher end memory?....I wouldn't think so, because that beast can handle up to like 23gigs.

Yeah I just looked that over and it looks like at the top of MSI's website, it says that it will support 1333+ but then down below in the detailed specs it looks like it contraindicates itself. But I will have to do a little research and look into it....thanks a bunch for the links!!!

It will be fine. It is just saying the 'standard' is 1333. If it doesn't support 1600 natively, you can just overclock it back up to 1600. In all honesty though, unless you are planning on overclocking your i7 (which I strongly recommend you do) then 1333 will do you just fine. You won't notice a performance difference.

Thanks for the advice!!.....Today I was thinking to myself that, I haven't picked out a sound card yet. What are some good sound card recommendations for gaming?.....I am thinking about getting the 5.1 logitech x-540 setup for my speakers, but unsure about a sound card. I don't need anything crazy, just something to get the job done.

The onboard sound should be good enough. I'd only recommend a sound card if you you do audio editing or are a musician or something..

The onboard sound should be good enough. I'd only recommend a sound card if you you do audio editing or are a musician or something..

I would have to disagree with that. Sound cards greatly improve sound quality whether you are an audiophile or not. Although with the speakers the OP plans to get and his attitude towards sound ("anything to get the job done") I don't recommend wasting money on a sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom