Cheap build for WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDR3 is only compatible with a AM3 mobo and a AM3 CPU, so the mobo you listed is not compatible with DDR3 but the CPU is.

but the DDR3 is not that much more than DDR2 and it is more future proof and it is much more overcolckable :)

The DDR3 ram he was considering was double the price of the PI Blacks, besides you also have to factor in the increased cost of a DDR3 motherboard. All of that extra cost would yield next to no increase in performance.

That's a good price on the Acer monitor, be sure to add the promo code to get a extra $20 off.

Alright, I changed my the RAM in my cart over to Thresh's suggestion. I might get the monitor as well seeing as its a pretty good price on that size monitor.

Actaully the PI Blacks would probably be better..lol They have real low timings and only run at 1.8v. Plus they overclock like champs and can probably reach 1066mhz.

I've never overclocked ram, and it doesn't really seem like this guy would be either. but if that's the case then shoot... what do i know...not much lol.

Yeah I'm not that big into computer gaming anymore. I just like to play WOW with some friends and I would like to have something thats not going to freeze up and act up when I play it and I want to be able to max out graphics.

I've been playing it on something crappy anyways so I am sure it will be a major turn around in playing haha.

Also, does will my processor some with artic silver or anything or do I need to get that seperate?

And how do you guys apply it on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom