First timer, please review my budget build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, not going to mess with it yet. I'm going to let the CPU burn in first, break it in a bit.

With the core contact, you should hit 4.0ghz no prob. Im attempting 3.8 right now, but no way am I going to try a prime test. I just know my 3.6 was prime stable, I was just worried about temps.

EDIT: 3.8 is not good for me, BSOD. Trying 3.7 ish.

Couldn't all of that been handled through PMs? Lets steer back on topic and give any more help/suggestions to the op.

Couldn't all of that been handled through PMs? Lets steer back on topic and give any more help/suggestions to the op.

Yeah, what Evolv said. If nothing else, it gives him an idea of what he can do to overclock the processor we are recommending. So really, it kind of is on topic.

My point is still valid. You're actually bringing the thread off topic now. ;)

And sorry OP for the gender confusion. It's rare to see girls on this site, so I just assumed, lol.

As an update, I was able to get a decent steady everyday use overclock at 3.4ghz, with max load load temps around 54c with stock cooling. It's a great processor, and you won't be disappointed if you get it for your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom