First timer, please review my budget build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
skyrend....you did a pretty nice job on the parts on your first build.

You will get great gaming performance at a fantastic price.

I just got done installing it/messing with the cables about 5 minutes ago. ;) About to install Vista, I'll let you know how that all goes.

CD/DVD Burner - LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30 - OEM
I think this is only a burner, so also need a CD/DVD reader. Any good reader/burner combos I could get in place of this?

No need. It will burn and read CD/DVDs.

I can vouch for the AMD 7750 Kuma matched with 4GB. My brother has it in his PC right now. I messed around with it after I put it together and it does work. His fiance loves photography, so they have photoshop + programs that came with the camera they have and the PC runs them no problem. It's quite the bang for the buck.

LUCKY!!!!

Think I might order mine next paycheck. You planning on overclocking it much? Any Super PI runs?

I ran a stock PI run, got just shy of 25 seconds...just upped the multi to 18x and grabbed a 800mhz overclock to 3.6ghz. Gonna tweak it a bit from there. ;) I'll be limited by my RAM, though...I just ordered the 4gb kit of PI Blacks DDR2 800, so when I get those, we shall see. I'll update the Super PI thread when I get my maxed out overclock with my current setup.

You HAVE to get this processor. It runs like a friggin' dream.

EDIT: By the way, did I mention that I'm on a stock HSF? My idle temp is around 46C though, so I can't do too much, haha.

EDITEDIT: Just did 19.796 seconds with at 3.6ghz.

Trust me, the Core Contact is on my list. ;) I just don't have the cash, I just shelled out 45 bucks for the PIs. I have to wait till my next credit card payment for the HSF, lmao.

cpu-3672.png

Lucky!!!

You going to try your luck with unlocking the 4th core hikari?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom