Silly Fan controller bay Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
This is silly because, Im sure that the connections for the fan bay just sit between the fan power connecter and the PSU molex connector.

Im also going to ask about a heatsink for I7.

And Ive built alot of computers but Im going to ask anyways.

Soon Ill be building a computer for a client, the exact specs and budget are not important items of information for this thread

However, this case and this fan bay controller have been choosen.

Case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Controller bay: Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE FP33-B Controller, Panel - Controller Panels

So the case includes a 120 and 80MM fan and client wants to be able to control the fans, so I chose that fan bay.

so my question is, does it have the correct connections to be able to control both fans.

Also, if possible the client wants to be able to control the fan on the heatsink.

The Client says he doesn't want to overclock, but I have a feeling he will at some point change their mind so I think this is a good heatsink unless anyone has any cheaper ideas.

Hetasink: Newegg.com - ZEROtherm Core 92 92mm Nickel-plated Premium Cooler, Heat Pipe Direct Touch, Socket 1366 compatible - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Can the fan bay controller control the CPU fan? How Will I bypass the fact that most CPU's fan need to be attached to the motherboard.

I think I should be able to disable that in CMOS right?

Also, the client only wants to order from newegg.. Sorry..

Thanks for any suggestions.

With my 680i and tuniq, I have it set to not regulate the cpu fan, and just run 100%, then I control it via the tuniq controller. I forget the setting though.

Now I can't tell what ends the fans have, but you can easily get the molex to 3 pin adaptors.. My Antec triCools came with them.

From what I can tell of the controller, You plug in a molex into the small header. The 3 pins from the controller plug into it as well, then the fan 3 pin goes into it as well.
With the cpu fan, might be trickier.. as you can't monitor the rpm unless its in the mobo spot, you could modify the wiring to include a controller, like my tuniq has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom