Could my cpu/motherboard just be getting old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install everest to figure out the hardware, defrag your computer, scans would help if there is infections, this is a old computer so the hardware could as well be failing. Download Ccleaner to cleanup useless files and registry.

I just ran CCleaner and got rid of some stuff so Ill see if that helped.

But I have a new question. the past 2 times or so when I restart my computer, Ive gotten a blue screen. I would have to flick the power switch off, and when I turn my computer back on, it works fine.

It said, "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Anything I should worry about?

If you need the 0x stuff I can post that.

Need that 0X stuff. As that can be a driver issue or a RAM issue.

0x000000B0 0x00000002 0x00000000 0x80507FAC

I think I may have fixed it though. When windows started back up it said it just recovered from a serious error, and then brought me to a microsoft page telling me what it was for, and it was something for a Picture Package program I got from a friend a few months ago. And I needed to update it. I haven't tried restarting yet though.

I dont see that error code listed on my page that i go to. I would try a restart just to make sure that it was the program update for sure.

Allright I got the blue screen again. I left out one line though, hopefully it'll help.

0x0000000A 0x000000B0 0x00000002 0x00000000 0x80507FAC

And this time I didn't get a windows message saying it recovered from a serious error, it just booted up like normal.

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS
  1. Restart your computer.
  2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.
  3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.
To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool
  1. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
  2. Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
  3. Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
  4. Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.
  5. If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination.
  6. For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/subordinate/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks.

Ok I've succesfully restarted my computer without the blue screen now. I did the "Last Known Good Configuration" thing.

Although Im still having the streaming video problems. I wanna say it's doing it less, and possibly for shorter time, like maybe for 1 second now rather then 1 or 2 seconds, but it's still doing it.

Does anyone know of a more recent update for the "Asus PTGD1-LA" motherboard then the 05 one I've found?

Sorry for the double post but this problem is still happening and it's pretty annoying. Just hoping someone has a suggestion to help out.

You have to remember Streaming Videos will not be flawless. They have to download, buffer and then stream to your PC. IT isnt like watching TV where you will get the whole feed at once. You get parts of it at a time, then the PC puts it back together, buffers it so that it will play seamlessly and finally you see it.

So if you have not downloaded the whole video up front and this pause happens when you are near the end or close to the end of the part of which you have downloaded it is normal. That is jsut the video getting the next part and buffering it.

For a completely seamless experience, pause the download. Get the full video first. then play it back. Other than that you will always experience it. Even if you have a 20MB download speed. That is the flaw in the streaming video technology.

Obviously your PC is out of date. It is time for an upgrade. Your processing speed is not fast enough for streaming videos. The best thing to do is just buy a new PC or upgrade to a better CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom