New Pc build - i7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbush2

Solid State Member
Hey this is my first post on the forums and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this setup. (Also my first build)
i7 920
Vista Premium
XfX 9800gtx+
OCZ 6gb DDR3 1600 (12800)
MSI x58 Pro LGA1366
Monitor - I-inc 25" 2ms HDMI/VGA 1080p
Corsair cmpsu 750w Power supply
NZXT Tempest Tower
Seagate 250gb 32mb cache hard drive
LG cd/dvd burner/ROM drive

It would be great if I could get some advice and different opinions on what to do with this setup....Thanks!!

Thanks for the feedback. What sorta upgrade do you suggest for the same money?

I'm not an expert on video cards.....but I did look at the specs for the 9800gtx+ and the radeon 4850. Just at a quick glance it looks like the 9800gtx+ runs better (higher Mhz) than the radeon. I know it is all matter of opinion too when it comes to things like this but what makes the radeon 4850 a better card....just curious?

MHz do not matter when you are comparing different chips. :D Intel/AMD should have taught the world that.

ATI and Nvidia cards do the same thing, but they are very different. That's why I linked the GFX card rankings... it compares actual performance, not just raw specs.

ok.....That makes sense I will look into the Radeon 4850 or 4870 cards.....I appreciate the advice!!!

Yeah...I'm not sure what I want to do with the power supply yet....I could go with the 650 and save a little green :)......One question that I ran into when I was researching was this....The MSI mobo has a memory standard of 1333 and the OCZ 6g of RAM that I was gonna get for it is 1600. Is that gonna be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom