concerning the 6800 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have an ASUS 6800 256 DDR3 gamer's edition. The gamer's edition is an ASUS thing, the card is really just a plain 6800 built to have a 25% increase on other plain 6800 abilities. I was thinking about overclocking it, well, I did overclock it at one point and I wondered what exactly are the clock speeds of the whole 6800 line. Upon comparason, I get the same clock speeds and memory speeds as a GT on my stock card. Actually, everything seems to match between the plain 6800 and the GT.

My question, what makes a GT a GT and not a plain 6800?

I can overclock my card to Ultra standards, 1100mhz memory and 425core speed. Should I just do that and deal?

Thanks,
Matthew

im not really sure.. i dont understand why you would want to overclock a 6800 in the first place lol... but still im not sure about the asus gamer's edition.. i find asus to be really overrated so i wouldnt know.. i do know that if ur card is at GT speeds (and it loooks that way with the 256 DDR3 ram) then you can easily go up to Ultra standards.. well i know that much concerning eVGA cards which have the same heavy duty heatsink n fan... perhaps u shud try and keep a CLOSE eye on the temperature.. if there's dramatic spikes in the temperature than clock it back to original speeds and try to get ur hands on a Arctic Cooling eVGA NV Silencer 5.. it's the best cooler for the 6800 series out there... (and maybe the only one im not sure lol).. and then try to over clock again.. hope i helped :)

I think the main difference between the (plain) 6800 and the GT is the number of pipelines; 12 and 16 respectively...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom