overclock 56k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, for now....hopefully that will change soon. I've heard of people overclocking their 56K to 96K, but they fried their modem soon afterward.

beedubaya said:
I do, for now....hopefully that will change soon. I've heard of people overclocking their 56K to 96K, but they fried their modem soon afterward.

thanks beedubaya, I know it won't be easy. thats why I'm trying to find some info so I can work on it

i have heard of something called uncapping a modem.. heard that that drastically increases your speed... im not sure of how to go about doing it tho :confused: ... heard some ppl claim they were getting around 128k speeds after uncapping.. but then again i have no idea what uncapping a modem is in the first place.. try googling it :confused: lol

Uncapping modems is an illegal operation (that cannot be reversed by the user, but only by the ISP). I suggest that you don't try it. If your ISP detects how much bandwidth you're all-of-a-sudden able to obtain, they'll know that you've done this. You'll probably be taken to court for it.

TMT. :cool:

You can't overclock a 56k card...

Especially if its a winsock modem... lol

Besides even if you did overclock it, it wouldn't work.

I should also add, overclocking is the wrong term to use concerning this matter, since there isn't a clock to start with. It is impossible to overclock a clock that isn't there.

TMT said:
I should also add, overclocking is the wrong term to use concerning this matter, since there isn't a clock to start with. It is impossible to overclock a clock that isn't there.

lol where is your sense of humor?
Overclocking is sometimes called speed margining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom