HD 4890 vs GTX 275 – Specs Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of playing tricks they should work on trying to beat ATI in a price war or something more productive. the 275 is simply a 280 with the 260's memory interface.

They can't out price ATI. The GT200 chips are huge in comparison and take up alot more silicon. They will lose too much money if they sell them any lower. ATI went with a different approach and a smaller die this time round, thats why their prices are so low at the moment.

ATI had a very good approach this series by not aiming for the biggest and fastest. But it will probably only last one series though.

They can't out price ATI. The GT200 chips are huge in comparison and take up alot more silicon. They will lose too much money if they sell them any lower. ATI went with a different approach and a smaller die this time round, thats why their prices are so low at the moment.

ATI had a very good approach this series by not aiming for the biggest and fastest. But it will probably only last one series though.

I know, that was a poor job on my part at sarcasm.

Re: HD 4890 vs GTX 275 – Specs Leaked

GDDR5 (not DDR5) is not the same clock for clock as GDDR3.

And

So yes for the same clock and data width GDDR5 is over twice as fast.

The 4870 has 115.2 GB/s of memory bandwidth. The GTX260 has 111.9GB/s.

are you sure???

ht77tw.png

2ymw23c.jpg

because i see 115 ati, 117 nvidia...

If factory overclocked cards are fair game then ATI still wins, the HIS IceQ4+ HD 4870 has 4ghz gddr5 giving it 128gb/s of memory bandwidth.

try this on for memory bandwidth.

my card overclocked :D that's serious business.

(also i have the 55nm version, i need to update GPUZ to the latest version.

If these things hit $230 then ill be picking up two of em....
Also AMD plans to actually move the date to the 2nd of April not the 9th for the 4890...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom