Triple channel memory speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PH3N0M

In Runtime
I just installed 6gb of the Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600. How can I tell what frequency it's running at? The CPU-Z doesn't show anything under the memory tab. And, why in **** does it show my max bandwidth as PC3-10700?!?!

cpuz1.jpg

cpuz2.jpg

It would seem that CPUz is not equipped to recognize DDR3 RAM yet. Even according to their site i dont see anywhere where it says support for DDR3 RAM yet.

CPUID

If you look down at the Revision History they have support for Phenom II and Core i7 but no where does it state in any of its revision logs support for DDR3. I would contact them and see if there is a updated version coming out soon with that support.

I downloaded the latest version but it still shows my ram running at 533mhz, so do I multiply that x3 to get my official ram speed, or? And, what is NB frequency?

cpuz1.jpg

cpuz2r.jpg

Nope, you still multiply it by 2. So your DDR3 ram is running at 1058mhz. Well judging by your ratio your BCLK is at 132 or 133. So you would take that times whatever your QPI link speed is and you'll get your northbridge frequency (uncore frequency).

Nope, you still multiply it by 2. So your DDR3 ram is running at 1058mhz. Well judging by your ratio your BCLK is at 132 or 133. So you would take that times whatever your QPI link speed is and you'll get your northbridge frequency (uncore frequency).

Okay, so how do I make this memory run at DDR3-1600? It's pretty effed that I bought it and it's only running at 1066mhz.

You will have to adjust the memory ratio and memory voltage in the bios. Set the memory to 1600 in the bios and set the memory voltage at 1.65v.

You will have to adjust the memory ratio and memory voltage in the bios. Set the memory to 1600 in the bios and set the memory voltage at 1.65v.

What do I need to set the memory ratio at? I have the option of 6, 8, 10, and 12. I've already set the voltage to 1.65v but I can't find any option to change the memory to 1600. Thanks for all your help so far.

Wouldn't the speed be multiplied by 3 since the memory is running in triple channel?

clipboard01mlx.jpg

That just means the memory is running in triple channel, compared to the similar dual channel. And DDR stands for Double Data Rate, in which you'll multiply the speed of it by 2.

Try the 12 multiplier, BCLK 133 x 12 = DDR3 1600
And try setting your ram at its rated timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom