Did I make a mistake buying this GTX 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enermax is quite a decent brand actually. Although it does depend a bit on which series you have. Its amazing how many members there are here with hundreds of posts that still haven't read this:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/read-first-updated-power-supply-guide-137927/

I've looked at that before, but I just kinda scanned it over. I never committed it to memory. Truthfully, I forgot about it. I just knew that pc building 2.0 thread recommended the three brands I mentioned. Anyway, sorry about that.

Well everything looks fine there....so I dunno.

Im thinking i7, moohaha. The wife is ****ed tho, lol

If I get a GTX285, i7 Processor & i7 Motherboard, and atleast 4 Gigs of Ram....I should be able to run everything under the sun, even if its completely maxed out, right?

Thanks

Im thinking i7, moohaha. The wife is ****ed tho, lol

If I get a GTX285, i7 Processor & i7 Motherboard, and atleast 4 Gigs of Ram....I should be able to run everything under the sun, even if its completely maxed out, right?

Thanks

You're going to want tri-channel ram, so you're going to want to go with 3 or 6 GB.

There are still games that bring top rigs to their knees. Such as Crysis and GTA IV.....the problem is not so much hardware power as coding that must cater to a wide range of setups and unfortunate Xbox ports.

You setup should not be particularly slow, so I'm not sure what's going on. If I were you I would upgrade my monitor first, gaming at 1920x1200 or 2048x1152 is awesome and you'll really see the difference between different GPUs that that res.

Thanks for the reply. Is 1680x1050 the highest res I can go with a 22"? Now I want to upgrade my monitor too!!! agh

Your setup is fine. Maybe you don't have the newest drivers, something is installed wrong, or you have a virus. But your rig is very high-powered. Heck, I can max out unreal tournament 3 on this piece of crap. It could also be your PSU, I've read that your sytem can really get slow if your psu is starting to go bad, or is bad. I really don't think you need to spend all that money yet tho.

^ UT3 aint that hard to max out :)

OP: do you have the latest crysis patch installed? i know that fixed crappy performance on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom