What kind of cable for sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
So, what kind of little cable thing do I need to attach the video card to the onboard sound? I want it to go through the hdmi cable that is going to be connected to the gtx 260 c 216 so it can run the computer on a 1080p tv.

I don't think the reference gtx 260s have line in connection? (I could be wrong)
if your video card don't have a line in connection, then you simply can't
maybe your video card have integrated sound?

The 260 does not have hdmi. It can connect via hdmi with an adapter but that connection will only carry video. You would have to have a minijack to rca cable adapter from your sound card to connect directly to your TV. You could use the optical out into a tuner as well. Then you would get your video either by a direct dvi connection or by using a dvi to hdmi adapter.

I am not an audio connoisseur and have used something very similar to that and it sounded fine to me. If you are really concerned about quality, post a question in the audio section for help with a higher end setup.

For me with onboard it would work just fine.

It ain't going to be me using this most of the time, so I'll just go with it, and upgrade later if they aren't satisfied.

Will that little cable reach the sound on the motherboard or do you need a soundcard?

i have a sound card right above my 260 so it will easily reach it. but i do not use it unless i bring it over to my dads and hook my pc up to our 46" Bravia XBR tv. Crysis looks amazing on that thing maxed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom