What WC Setup should I use for this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Saam

Solid State Member
This is my first build...and I have a large budget...I was kinda iffy about going with Water cooling because of the maintenance involved and I just really don't know much about it. So if you guys would just tell me what to use it would help out a lot...here is my build for the specs, also I want to know how to make the tubes glow, like what solution do I use?

Antec Twelve Hundred Case
Kingwin Mach 1 1000Watt Modular PSU
Intel i7 920 Processor(LGA 1366 Socket)
EVGA X58 SLI Mobo
12GB of 1600MHz Tri-Channel DDR3 Corsair Core i7 Dominator RAM
EVGA GTX 295 GPU
Main Drive=WD 74GB Raptor Drive
Storage Drive=WD Caviar 640GB

So there is my build...thanks a lot guys..I'm really having trouble understanding this whole liquid cooling thing, but I need it because I am planning on OC'ing the i7 to 3.6-4GHz

Thanks! :D

To be perfectly honest you really don't need water cooling to hi 3.6-4ghz.

If your worried about maintenance, then go for a loo with black tubing. However you then don't get glowing tubes. It's a bit of a trade-off.

How much would you be willing to spend, and are you wanting a just a cpu loop, or cpu and gpu loop?

To be perfectly honest you really don't need water cooling to hi 3.6-4ghz.

If your worried about maintenance, then go for a loo with black tubing. However you then don't get glowing tubes. It's a bit of a trade-off.

How much would you be willing to spend, and are you wanting a just a cpu loop, or cpu and gpu loop?

Well...I wanted something that cooled both the CPU and the GPU...but I just don't really know much about what I need or even what a loop is(lol).

BTW..how much could I go up to safely(MHz-wise) with water cooling.

what maintenance is there really? and no budget. at your price range question.:confused:

Well...I wanted something that cooled both the CPU and the GPU...but I just don't really know much about what I need or even what a loop is(lol).

BTW..how much could I go up to safely(MHz-wise) with water cooling.

what maintenance is there really? and no budget. at your price range question.:confused:

I can't make a guarantee as to the kind of overclock your chip will garner, but suffice to say, I was able to push my Core 2 Duo from 2.4 to a maximum stable speed of about 4ghz.

I have seen people hitting upwards of 4.5ghz with good water cooling loops (loop is just another way of saying water cooling system, because the flow creates a sort of loop)

For your setup I would recommend something along these lines.

(2) Swiftech MCR320's Radiators
(1) Laing DDC 3.2 18w pump
(1) XSPC Reservoir top for DDC pump
(1) Swiftech APogee GTZ Cpu Water Block
(1) EK GTX295 Full Cover GPU Water Block
(10) Bitspower True Silver 1/2" Barbed Fittings
(10) Feet of Feser Colored tubing (Comes in several colors and is UV reactive) 1/2" Inner Dia. 3/4" Outer Dia.
(12) Worm Drive Clamps adjustable to 3/4" diameter.
And an accompanying number of fans for the two radiators which utilize 120mm size fans.

Go to www.xtremesystems.org/forum and take a look at the information Stickied at the top of the Water Cooling sub forum. This will give you a lot of information about water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom