Benchmark Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I see. Well I might be adding either a second GTX 285 or a GTX 295 pretty soon, what would this do to my score? Would the 285s in SLi be better than a single 295?

seriously if you want to just improve scores just OC the cpu to 3.8-4.0. The benchmark is very cpu dependent so it'll warrant a much higher score. You'll hit your 20k mark

Ok so I've been messing with oc my 285 but have been getting weird results. Maybe I need to use a different benchmark to measure gpu performance? But I've been using 3dmark06. My first score, with everything standard was around 16400. But after tweaking the card numerous times with rivatuner all of my scores have fallen to 16000. Why is this? I've even used the settings on some of the pre-oc 285s, but to no avail. If someone could help me with my oc I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

Start with an OC on the CPU. As thirdshift said, take it up to 3.8-4.0ish and leave the GPU stock. The difference in my scores with GPU clocks is a mere few hundred points. However a nice OC on my CPU gave me a few thousand.

Well what about gaming performance? Should I be overclocking my CPU or GPU when wanting to increase that?

Really? Ok cool, I'm gonna start oc'ing both then. But what's the best program for checking FPS in games like Crysis, Far Cry 2, etc.?

So I OC'ed my i7 920 to 3.6GHz on air, it seems to be completely stable. My problem now is with my gtx 285. I've tried a few different OC set ups for it but no matter what, my FPS always goes down from when it's at default settings. What could I be doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom