Can anyone help me overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
I used to have my E2160 at 3.0Ghz. A crash at some point reset it but i only just noticed. So i went back into the BIOS and set it to 270Mhz *9 for starters with a voltage of 1.400 and a FSB overvoltage of 0.2 (default is 200Mhz *9, 1.325v, no FSB overvoltage).

This just crashed on bootup and reset itself. Ive been trying more voltage all the way up to 1.550 but it just crashes and resets itself. Im not sure what im doing wrong. As i said i used to have it at 3.0Ghz (333Mhz *9) which worked fine but i cant remember what settings i had it for that.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Edit: Is it possible that the crashing was due to overvoltage?
---

Yea, don't crank the voltage up to 1.55, that is way too high. Leave it at 1.325 and keep the FSB voltage at 1.3

What motheboard and ram are you using? Keep increasing the FSB by incremints of 10 or so. You should be able to reach around 3.0Ghz again which is probably around max for that cpu at stock voltages. Then if you can't find it stable, then increase the vcore to 1.350 or something around there.

The RAM is Corsair DDR2 PC6400 4-4-4-12 (although its showing 5-5-5-18 for some reason) 1GB x 4.
And a Gigabyte P35-DS3L Mobo.

I'll try that. Cheers mate.

---

Mmm i can get it to 260Mhz*9 fine on stock voltage (1.325) and FSB+0.3 but 270Mhz crashes. Even when i increased the voltage to the next one up, 1.331 i think.

That was it. Didnt realise i needed to change the memory divider. Currently got my CPU running smoothly at 3.0Ghz. Thankyou kind men.

---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom