New c.p.u pentium E5200 question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezer

Solid State Member
I just bought a new cpu for a light gaming computer .
It's FSB is only 800 and 2mb cache but has 2.5 Ghz .
It seems okay the price (new) $69.00.
I had a look at the heat sink and it has three thick grey lines in the centre of it .
I take that these lines are thermal pads and I won't need to apply any thermal paste . Yes,no ?:confused: It's the first time for me to install a cpu so I'm not sure what these thermal pads look like . Thanks for reading :happy:

yeah, those 3 lines are thermal paste from INTEL

you can remove them easily with rubbing alcohol and apply better thermal paste of your choice

That is just pre-applied thermal paste. If you are using the stock cooler and are not going to OC, it really doesn't matter much if you take it off and replace it with good stuff.

If you plan on OCing, I would replace it with some better stuff (linked above). If you plan on doing any MAJOR OCing, I would get a whole new HSF. The stock coolers are alright, but they aren't the best.

that cpu practically begs to be overclocked. You should buy a a xigmatek heatsink, and that thing should sail easily to 3.5ghz. Honestly, it is so easy, and everybody here will guild you threw it. Also, if you do overclock it, it shouldn't bottleneck most gpu's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom