Could my cpu/motherboard just be getting old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicktheQuik

Baseband Member
I have an old motherboard, cpu and ram that my friend had for a few years before me, and I've now had for a few years too. (Except for a stick of 1GB ram, which is kinda new)

Im looking to upgrade soon, to a better cpu/motherboard and some ddr2 ram, but Im wondering if the problem Ive been having with videos is because of my old stuff.

Whenever I watch streaming videos (Like on youtube for example) every so often the video will pause for a second or two, but the audio will keep going, and then the video will jump a second or two ahead to sync back up with the audio. It seems to happen with most videos Im streaming and I don't see why it's doing it. I don't think it's a buffering thing either, the whole video can be loaded up and it still does this.

And it only happens with streaming videos on websites, anything I watch with like VLC/BS Player/etc. works fine.

Perhaps it has something to do with the "Flash Player" you are using. Try uninstalling the current one you have and reinstalling the newest version. (Don't just install a new one first. Uninstall the current one, then install the new one.)

Ok I guess that didn't fix it. I still get the problem from time to time.

Sorry about the Double Post too, I didn't see the edit button in my previous message.

Try updating any video or audio drivers for your computer. I used to have the same problems with laggy streaming. But then I updated some things and it fixed it.

Oh I have a question about that. Do I have to uninstall my audio/video drives (Whatever Im updating) and THEN install the new ones, or can I just install the update.

Son of a birch tree. It seems like it's still doing it. I don't think my sound card has any new updates, it's kinda old. But I did get updated drivers for my video card. It kinda seems like it's doing it less, but it'll occasionally still do it.

And I don't know if this helps anyone figure this out, but last night I was watching 2 videos (2 different videos) in two different windows at the same time and the video would stop for a second or two at the same time, and then continue at the same time. I thought it was kinda odd.

Or it could just be your internet. This might sound odd, but is there a bios update for your motherboard? Sometimes that could fix something like this. You could just use Winflash within Windows, it's pretty easy.

Ok I got my motherboard name from Everest, "Asus PTGD1-LA" I've looked around a little and found an update, but it's from back in 2005. Do you know if there's a newer update then that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom