Did I make a mistake buying this GTX 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say pretty close to that actually.. $110 ish maybe?

If you know an eBay fool, probably more

so - back to the i7 upgrade -

If I purchase the DDR3 ram, a evga i7 mobo, and a i7 processor....I should be golden, right? I can still use my SATA hard drive and Graphics Card? Will I need to upgrade my 550W PS?

Also, I should see the dramatic difference Im looking for in performance if I make these upgrades, right?

Thanks

You will see a lot of increase in applications take are quad-core optimized. You won't see so much in the other ones.

As for the psu, idk how good of a brand enermax is. Since it is the same brand as your case, I'm assuming it came with your case. If that is case (no pun intended), it probably isn't that good of a unit, and it would be better to upgrade to something else of a different brand; pc p&p, antec, or corsair.

Of course you could be fine; I'm not an expert here. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Oh and yeah, your sata hdd and your gpu are fine.

Yeah psus that come with cases are never good. Trash that and get a new psu. Honestly though, you keep saying you'll be "golden," but with what you've got now you should be "golden." That setup could handle any gaming or just about anything that you're doing. If you really need an upgrade pick up a core 2 quad. No need to waste your money when you've already got a nice rig.

Yeah psus that come with cases are never good. Trash that and get a new psu. Honestly though, you keep saying you'll be "golden," but with what you've got now you should be "golden." That setup could handle any gaming or just about anything that you're doing. If you really need an upgrade pick up a core 2 quad. No need to waste your money when you've already got a nice rig.

The Power Supply did not come with my Case, I purchased it separately.

I agree, I think I have a nice rig, but it can't play the 2 things I like the most with full graphics - iRacing and Flight Simulator X.

until I can run both of those flawlessly, i wont be happy haha cash isn't really a big issue if i need to upgrade, as long as I dont go too crazy. i7 mobo and i7 processor is doable though for me

I'd try to get your 260 working on your current setup before going i7. Personally, I don't think i7 is worth the money at the moment. Post up a screenshot of your GPU-Z. The P5B has a reputation of running the PCI-E lane at 1x for no reason.

I have gamed with an E8500 @ 4.6ghz, Q9650 @ 4.4ghz, and now am back to an E6750 @ 3.8ghz and there's really no noticeable difference at all between any of the setups.

I've also got an E7200 coming today :)

I'd try to get your 260 working on your current setup before going i7. Personally, I don't think i7 is worth the money at the moment. Post up a screenshot of your GPU-Z. The P5B has a reputation of running the PCI-E lane at 1x for no reason.

I have gamed with an E8500 @ 4.6ghz, Q9650 @ 4.4ghz, and now am back to an E6750 @ 3.8ghz and there's really no noticeable difference at all between any of the setups.

I've also got an E7200 coming today :)

Heres a GPU-Z screenshot:

gpuz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom