New power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
When I decided to turn on my computer today nothing happened... I had to unplug 3 things (Sound card, HDD, and Optical drive) to get the fans and things to work I got it working by shutting it off and plugging things in one buy one. I've got a 650 watt PSU which should be more then enough to run a C2D e7300, 4Gb of RAM, 1HDD, 1 Optical drive, 3 fans, 1 sound card, and one 15 year old video card (no good video card ATM). I'm pretty sure that the power supply is bad and it's time to get a new good one from a good brand.

What the PSU will need to run:

1 C2D e7300
1 Biostar P43 Mobo
1 GTX 260 core 216
4GB DDR 2 800MHz Ram
1 HDD
1 Optical drive
3 120MM fans
1 TV tuner card
1 Sound card

I was thinking this one would be the best I can get for $90 Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Will that be enough for what I have now and maybe upgrades to CPU, another HDD etc?

I'm on a tight budget so I cant get anything above $90 before MIR. I'm pretty sure that is the best I can get for $90 but I wanted to make sure :)

that's the one I ended up getting and it is great, Runs 4 fans 2 dvd burners a GTX285 2 hard drives and a TV card without a sweat. I actually just got my $20 rebate from them, They sent a $20 prepaid Visa card in stead of a check but they did send it.

Dauntae

Yea, that will be plenty of power. What's the brand of the power supply that failed on you?

BFG is the brand that failed on me. I don't think I'll buy any of there products again. But I should have gone with a better brand at the time.

I think I remember us telling you not to get the BFG..... But yeah the corsair will be great.

Yeah, I got it about a year ago. I was told to get something else but I didn't have enough money and the BFG one was on sale so I foolishly bought the BFG one. :eek:

Yeah, I got it about a year ago. I was told to get something else but I didn't have enough money and the BFG one was on sale so I foolishly bought the BFG one. :eek:

Well hey you learned you lesson right? You never sacrifice quality for cost. If you don't have the cash on hand then wait till you do, otherwise you will end up spending more when you replace it. At any rate a corsair psu is a good investment, it should last you a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom