Weird monitor issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeeRoMaKi

In Runtime
Here is the only screenshot I have up for the problem so far but once my digintal camra gets here I can post some better pictures.. anyways heres the problem ..well you know how there sometimes can be like a frequenzy issue that would like mess up your screen like make weird wiggly lines everywhere and distort like text, well what mine does is that BUT I can move it with like windows programs and ****.. like its attached to certain programs and ****s up the screen bad its like nothing I've ever seen/heard of.

here is the pictures

Cell phone pics
03-23-09_1709.jpg

03-23-09_1713.jpg

03-23-09_1706.jpg

Any ideas?

I've tried plugging in monitor into differnt socket, changed which video card socket the converter is in, changed the wall socket plug to a differnt one, tried unplugging my speakers to see if that was causing the issue. Is it just simply my monitor is dying? even though I can like.. move the wavey lines by moving the control panal like in the pictures, if i moved the control panal off of ventrillo the wavey lines move with the control panal, it happens for many programs.. and is the most annoying thing ever!

Have you tried completely disconnecting the power from the monitor? Also I'm guessing it's CRT, so have you tried degaussing?

Hello,

What monitor is it?

What refresh rate and resolution is it set to in your graphics settings?

degaussing? and yes it is a CRT pretty old one say about 3-4 years and I don't think I can disconnect the power wire from the monitor but will check that right now and do so.

It's a KDSusa (no idea model #) I want to run in 1600x1024 (i think is what it is) at 60hz but thats when it goes crazy. I've gone down to 1280x1024 which it happens a lot less in this res but still happens basicly whenever I max window size firefox for example, the top part of firefox will be all weireded out

If you can go into your monitor's OSD (the menu thing, there'll be a button on the monitor for it), you'll find degaussing there somewhere.

here are some more screenshots that I just took, as you can see the lines placement change with the program I have infront....its very weird!!!! and I found the Degaussing button it made the screen flash but nothing else happened. didn't fix it and the more I do it i am starting to hear sounds from the monitor or tower..can't tell which yet.. which i didn't used to hear before...

DSCF2001.jpg

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2003.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2007.jpg

No more ideas? Still having this issue .. it happens constently in any rez / refresh rate besides 1280x1024 60 hz and even then still happens sometime...

The only real option you have is to test out another monitor to see if that still happens. If it does try another Video Card.

Till you try those 2 things there is no way for sure to pin point what it is that is causing this issue.

The only real option you have is to test out another monitor to see if that still happens. If it does try another Video Card.

Till you try those 2 things there is no way for sure to pin point what it is that is causing this issue.

The screen used to do this on my old computer (different video card) too it just didn't do it as much, and now as im typing this i been in this rez for a day now, and now the top of the screen is starting to do the fuzzy crap more and more ugh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom