Tools/screws needed for build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinscher, do you have one of these on your EVGA x58? Just wondering if it fits well on there. I suppose it should fit fine in the CM HAF 932, right?

I have watercooling so I wouldn't know. I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem though. Like said, the HAF is a good size case and with the 1366 bracket, it will fit fine.

The anti-static wristband is a wast of 5 bucks IMHO. Just don't go rubbing your feet on the carpet with wool socks while you work on your computer...

Thanks guys.

So, should I get the 92mm or the 120mm version of the Core-Contact Freezer? Looks to me like the 120mm is better.

Is this still the best cooler to get for the price it will cost me? It's going to cost about $50 with the 1366 socket retaining bracket.

Thanks,
infowarrior45

Hey guys,

Thanks for your help. I was checking in the Core-Contact Freezer, and it looks like a great cooler.

I did have one big worry though. I read in a review that it is huge (15.5cm high), and I'm really worried about it fitting in the HAF 932. I don't know if it is out of the reach of that 230mm side fan or not? It looks like it is.

Puressence, as you have both of these products, did you check this before you started your painting project on the case?

Thanks a lot!
infowarrior

^^^ Nope I sure didn't. But seeing as how the HAF is one of the biggest (and widest) cases around, I am not too worried. Plus, I have been considering replacing that fan with four smaller ones (120mm I think???), I am not too worried. I may be wrong, but if it can't fit in the HAF, then there are probably few cases that could hold it. I'll let you know when I get to that point though. I'll go do some research on the topic and will edit this post with what I find.
-Pure

A review of the cooler being used in the HAF. Unfortunately, the video does not show the HAF all "buttoned up" with both side panels attached. I saw on another site that a few people had CCFs and XIGs as their CPU coolers. I think (and I may be wrong) that I read the dimensions on the XIGs are slightly bigger. I'll be working on it in a few days and I'll post back with my results. Part of the reason I decided to go with the HAF is because it is a HUGE case, and I didn't want to have to worry about whether my goods would or would not fit.
Core-Contact Freezer - CPU Cooler Review

Thanks Puressence,

That review pretty much takes my concern away. I'm sure the reviewer would've said if the cooler didn't allow the case to close!

I'm ordering mine today along with the rest of my parts, so I guess I will know soon enough as well.

Good luck on your build!

Fat.Clown, thanks for the answer. I didn't think it would be a good idea to use a magnetic screwdriver.

Thanks again,
infowarrior45

Hey Puressence,

Yah, I was just looking at your build, and it looks like we have very similar builds. Yours is a little better, but this build is already really pushing my budget. IMHO they both are very good builds. As far as goodies go, I don't really have any yet, I guess.

Make sure you post pics up when you get your system up and running. I can't wait to see the paint job and the LEDs/Cathodes setup. I would like to do the same thing to my build when I get the extra time and money.

Here is my build with the prices. The prices include the MIR and shipping. How much did yours cost? Do you think I got pretty good prices?

Core i7 920 -$280
Sunbeam CCF w/ 1366 socket retension bracket -$40
EVGA x58 SLI -$300
EVGA GTX 285 SC -$300
OCZ Platinum RAM DDR3 1600 3x2GB -$60
OCZ Behemoth Mouse Pad -FREE
Corsair 750 watt PSU -$100
CoolerMaster HAF 932 -$162
x3 WD OEM Caviar Black 750GB & Nippon SATA cables x3 -$243
Samsung SH-S223Q OEM -$26
Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS -$120

Total: $1,631