Please read..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wall7486

In Runtime
I know this topic has been told on the forums for quite a few times. But I am in need of desperate help.

I am building my computer with an Asus K8V SE deluxe mobo. My SATA driver cannot be detected by the windows. It prompts me to insert a hard disk everytime. Now I have tried everything. I went online to find drivers and put them on a floppy and used the cd provided by asus. Everytime I put a floppy into it, it still prompts me to insert a disk into A drive. I am sure the hard drive is plugged in correctly, because the BIOS detects it. I can't seem to find a right drive. Someone please give me some advice.

ok, ur mobo should have come with a diskette. when u put ur cd windows, and u c the load scsi or 3rd party drivers, select that, and put in the floppy, and choose the sata drives to load, then u should be able to install

hes trying to install winodws... if it doesnt recognize the drive, he doesnt have windows on it yet, unless windows is installed on an other HD. But on the cd, u should have some drivers, or just go to ur mobo website, and download the sata drives, put them on floppy, and ur good to go

Believe me Ive tried everything. From the CD given to me to the varena website. Sorry to be a fuss, but is just frustrating.

During boot up, it should say something like 'hit F6 for third party driver support' or something similar. Do it and insert your CD. This will insert proper drivers for SATA disks. Do a TF search. It has been explained numerous times

if it doesnt detect your disk in ur A drive then chances are in ur bios the floppy drive isnt enabled.. i forget how to do it but i had that problem before... look arond in ur bios and set ur floppy drive as a drive instead of disabled.. im pretty sure thats ur problem :)... either there will be a setting for floopy drive to change it to A or disable it.. or there will be a setting for A drive either to set it as floppy or disable it.. hope that helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom