Did I make a mistake buying this GTX 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be seeing a pretty big difference. I went from a 8800GTS 320mb to a GTX295 and saw at least a 200% increase in everything. The 260 isnt as powerful, and you did have a 'slightly' better 640mb version, but you should have seen a good difference between them.

It is possible its not getting enough power, how old is your PSU? 550W should be enough but it does sound like somethings wrong. Can you run any benchmarks to give us an idea?

ususally you can get them to waive the restocking fee if you are nice to the representative that answers you online.
you MAY be able to return it, but i have noticed that a lot of evga's newer cards have the "30 day non-refundable return policy". one of the reasons i quit buying their cards.
and yes depending on what game you are running (and what OS), you may need to add some RAM.

I saw a nice increase going from a 9800GTX to a GTX 260......the GTX 260 is a heck of a video card.

ususally you can get them to waive the restocking fee if you are nice to the representative that answers you online.
you MAY be able to return it, but i have noticed that a lot of evga's newer cards have the "30 day non-refundable return policy". one of the reasons i quit buying their cards.
and yes depending on what game you are running (and what OS), you may need to add some RAM.

For the most part, ALL video cards from newegg have the "nonrefundable" return. Same with their motherboards. But you could try using the online support through newegg and tell them you aren't satisfied with the card and would like to return it to buy a 285. But i think theres something else wrong with the machine. Have you done a clean install of windows lately?

For the most part, ALL video cards from newegg have the "nonrefundable" return. Same with their motherboards. But you could try using the online support through newegg and tell them you aren't satisfied with the card and would like to return it to buy a 285. But i think theres something else wrong with the machine. Have you done a clean install of windows lately?

well, most of the high-dollar cards do, like the 285 and the 295. the core 216 on down XFX, BFG and Zotac usually have the regular 30 day retun period. almost all evga cards are 30 day non-refundable now.

shoot, i got a MSI GTX 260 core 216 and this thing is a huge upgrade over my old 9800GTX. crysis runs like butter, 30-40FPS very high settings at 1680x1050. i love this thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom